of our revenue. There was the Homeland
Security situation, fuel prices rose significantly and we had bad weather as well.
We had some bad years and many people had to be laid off.”
He added, “Now things are already
coming back. We have seen the cycle
before. As the housing market cools, the
boats will come back. We will go for
Riding the “ups” is great but managing the “downs” is never easy.
Running a successful boatyard
requires a multitude of talents. It also
helps to be well-connected.
Drew sits on three different boards of
directors; the British Columbia Yacht
Builders Association, Quadrant Marine
Institute and the West Coast Boatyard
We asked him his opinion about the
current shortage of marine technicians.
Quadrant Marine Institute has a very
successful marine technician program
on the go now and their goal is a new
apprentice program and they are looking
for government funding.
Reflecting a common-sense
approach, Drew said, “Finding people
Other space is under canvas out on
the docks. The sheltered and quiet
harbour with the mild Vancouver
Island climate allows the crew to work
on yachts like this big old Chris’.
Whatever Your Needs,
Use Our Value Guides
Trusted Across Canada by Hundreds
of Dealers and Brokers, Banks,
Insurers & Surveyors
• Trusted for Over 17 Years
• All major manufacturers included
Yamaha, Suzuki, Mercury, Evinrude, Johnson,
Honda & Nissan
• 12 years of used outboard retail & trade-in
values for over 4500 models
• Includes large PWC valuations section
for Yamaha, Sea-Doo, Polaris & Kawasaki
• Includes information on serial numbers,
model identification, engine weight & configurations
• Our 23rd Year
• Retail & trade-in values for over 65,000 used boats
• All major fiberglass & aluminum lines included
• In Canadian dollars: reflects Canadian market conditions
• Accessory, trailer, & regional adjustment guides provided
• New for 2008! Alumacraft & Moomba
Order Your 2008 Guides Today!
boatvaluebook.com • outboardbluebook.com
Or call Tony, Glen or Sue at 519-538-2256 • Fax: 519-538-3686